Collodion Photography Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Getting Started & Troubleshooting > FORUM MOVE
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Honestly help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
  Quote danyellerolla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Honestly help
    Posted: 20 April 2016 at 09:47
Hi 

I have just order a fresh set of chemicals to do some wet plate printing. The first 10 or so worked fine, then they had gradually gotten worse. The collodion seems fine and the silver nitrate seems to be activating. When i shoot a plate and pour the developer on it, the image seems to run off? I suspect its an issue with the NEW chemicals, but don't know which to replace. Collodion, silver nitrate or Dev??????? any suggestions 

Thanks in advance. 

Danyelle 
phuphuphnik View Drop Down
Subscriber
Subscriber

Quote phuphuphnik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2016 at 12:17
Hmm, try waiting a bit longer before putting the plate in the bath. Perhaps the collodion is not set. Do you have pictures of the failure? Too much alcohol in the developer?
danyellerolla View Drop Down

Quote danyellerolla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2016 at 12:42
Hi

I have waited and tested the consistency in the corner with my finger. the whole thing work fine to start with but something is wrong, don't want to replace everything if i can pinpoint their. x
 Post Reply Post Reply